When Mark McNeal, facilities specialist at Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton, arrived for his shift on…
Celebrating Life’s Stories: Connecting With Others
At Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton, we celebrate life’s stories every day through the experiences we are privileged to have with our patients and their families. By connecting with those in our community, we get to celebrate their lives. You can connect, or reconnect, with people in your life and celebrate those stories today.
- Send a letter, or an email, to a mentor or someone you look up to. Sharing how much they meant to you will brighten their day and give you the opportunity to reminisce on those experiences.
- Write a friend a card or send them a gift. Letting your friends know your appreciation for them makes them feel good.
- Introduce yourself to someone you want to get to know. The person who sits behind you at church or the neighbor you have not met yet may have more in common with you than you know.
- Volunteer at a local not-for-profit organization. Nonprofits need volunteers to help achieve their missions, and serving as a volunteer provides them the assistance needed and gives you a place to give back to the community and meet new people.
- Try a new activity. Whether it is a yoga class in the park or a pottery class at the local art center, trying a new activity expands your skills and introduces you to people in your community with the same interests. And you may find a new hobby!