At Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton, our philosophy of care embraces family members, providing care for them along with hospice patients. We recognize that a life-limiting illness impacts everyone in the family circle. That’s why support for family caregivers is a major focus of our care and services.
We provide caregiver education and resources to help caregivers who are attending to patients in the home. Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton services include:
nurseavailable by phone 24/7 to answer questions.
- Our extended-hours staff to assist when needed.
- Our trained volunteers who support caregivers with errands, household chores and more. Volunteers are friendly visitors who listen and provide emotional support. They can also sit with a patient to give caregivers a short break from their duties.
- Our Personal Care Specialists to help with patient care, including feeding, bathing, and personal grooming.
- Our social workers who provide emotional support for caregivers and identify community resources that can help meet family needs.
- Our chaplains who support family members and patients, respecting individual faith traditions and keeping the family connected with their faith community.
- Grief support provided during patient care and in the months following the loss of a loved one.
- Our Dayton Hospice House for more extended respite care for patients when caregivers need time to refresh or to attend to their own healthcare needs.
Our hospice team is attentive to the toll of caregiving and helps to make sure caregivers practice self-care. We can help develop strategies to assure caregivers:
- Maintain a sense of well-being
- Are getting the rest they need
- Are addressing their own health concerns
- Are getting a break when they n
Most importantly, Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton can deliver superior care and superior services to enable caregivers to have the ability and strength to spend precious time with seriously ill loved ones.