Franklin Taylor, a patient of Ohio’s Hospice of Dayton, met his wife Brigitte, in Germany…
Hospice of Dayton invites you to be part of the ADOPT-A-GARDEN program at our beautiful campus on Wilmington Avenue. You will experience the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of others by enhancing the gardens of our Hospice House for patients and their families. Volunteer as an individual, with an organization or as a family volunteer project by adopting a garden or small bed in our gardens to care for and maintain. All gardens will include signage listing those who have been a part of this inspirational project on a plaque giving credit to your group or organization.
As a volunteer for the Hospice of Dayton gardens, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with other volunteers. You will enjoy sharing your knowledge and gardening skills and you will meet others who share your love of the outdoors. Exciting volunteer opportunities exist in virtually every area of the Hospice of Dayton landscape.
Examples of volunteer opportunities include:
Hospice House Gardens
- Care and maintenance of assigned gardens by weeding, mulching, dividing and plant grooming.
- Plant annuals, perennials and other plant material.
- Create and plant garden design.
- Create and plant theme garden designs.
- Assist in the care and maintenance of the gardens.
- Work with horticulture staff and volunteers to assist with gardens and ground maintenance including planting, plant grooming, dividing, weeding and mulching.
- Share knowledge and gardening skill with volunteers.
- Assist volunteers with tasks when needed.
- Implement a program to manage our woodland areas by providing:
- Removal of Invasive plants
- Restore forest native habitat
- Sustainable forest management
- Assist in the selection and care of hardy trees and shrubs.
- Maintenance of water features includes checking water levels, filling and cleaning
- Debris management.
- Maintenance of pond duties includes overseeing waterfall by checking pump house, cleaning waterfall and reservoir, and weed and debris management.
For additional information please contact Miriam Wolf email@example.com or call 937-608-3456. You can also contact Volunteer Services at 937-256-9507, ext. 1163.