Hospice of Dayton® and Hospice of Butler & Warren Counties invite people to be collaborative and creative in pursuing passion in their work.
Our mission is to celebrate the lives of those we have the privilege of serving by providing superior care and superior services to each patient and family. Toward that end, we ensure a culture of continuous improvement that encourages engagement and individual empowerment. Examples include staff driven initiatives such as:
- Our Staff Council, representing a cross-section of staff members, leads employee health initiatives, employee engagement, employee activities, and employee recognition.
- The Bright Ideas Committee solicits employee recommendations for ideas that improve quality, enhance safety or improve efficiency
- The Working On Wellness Committee (WOW) has developed a wide range of options for employees for exercise and health. Cost reimbursement incentives are available for participation.
- The Heart of Our Hospice Committee drives organizational efforts to recognize and reward the contributions of staff and highlight the outstanding achievements of individuals.
- The Just for Fun Committee organizes events and staff gatherings to facilitate team building and nurture the Hospice of Dayton® and Hospice of Butler & Warren Counties spirit.
- Our e-Rose program enables staff members to recognize and value each other, and our Bouquet of Recognition awards invite patients and family members as well as colleagues to honor the contributions of our staff.
- We use RELATE as a fundamental communication concept to promote understanding and mutual respect in all interactions. RELATE stands for Reassure, Explain, Listen, Answer, Take Action, Express Appreciation