Hospice of Dayton Opens New Community Care Station
Hospice of Dayton will mark National Minority Health Month with the dedication and opening of a new Community Care Station in the Wright Dunbar neighborhood of Dayton on April 25, 2012.
As Hospice of Dayton has grown to serve more patients than ever before, the organization is expanding its footprint to better serve the communities of the Miami Valley. According to President/CEO Kent Anderson “Our Community Care Stations create a more convenient and accessible point in the community for staff members who are serving patients. Staff members can spend more time at the patient bedside because they are required to travel less. Providing easier access to all our services is in keeping with our mission to provide superior care and superior services to the patients and families we are privileged to serve.”
The new Community Care Station is located at 1137 West Third Street, Suite 200. In addition to providing meeting and office space and supply storage for staff members, the site also has meeting space available for community use. According to Anderson, “In addition to creating a more convenient and accessible location for staff members, the Community Care Stations also serve another important function for our mission. They enable us to be present in the communities we serve by creating greater accessibility for our volunteer training, grief support programs and for community meetings.”
Hospice of Dayton began offering services in 1978, as the Miami Valley’s first not-for-profit hospice care provider. Currently Hospice of Dayton serves over 4,000 patients annually and employs nearly 700 staff members. Patients are provided care in their own homes, in extended care and assisted living facilities, area hospitals and in two Hospice Houses. Over 600 volunteers support patient care efforts in an eight county service area.